A brief site containing a few samples of work.
Below is a simple Amortization Calculator I’ve written, and packaged into a wordpress plugin.
Another project I’ve published publicly is a NodeJS universal plug n’ play library. It was developed for the use of opening and closing ports on a router, however flexible enough it could be used for many other purposes.
Davin C. Thompson
12142 Jerome St. Apt 25, Atlanta, MI 49709
● C, C++
● Design Patterns
● Active Directory
● Android Development
● Windows Registry
|● VM Ware
● Embedded Linux
● High Availability / Load Balancing
● ExtJS, jQuery
I am a professional and highly self-motivated developer with nearly 20 years experience in the IT Industry. I am a very creative and flexible person that is compatible with all types of personalities. I have been an asset to my previous employers by leading my fellow developers in the production and implementation of custom business management software. My greatest strength lies within LAMP environments, however I am comfortable working within most open source platforms. My development background and my systems administration background has provided me with the continuity that has provided me a mastery of all environments in which I work.
Apr 2010 – Present: Independent Software Developer
- Software Developer
- Wrote custom software to meet customer needs
- Developed a large scale E-commerce / CMS
- Integration with many 3rd party API’s, including USPS, PayPal, Ebay, Facebook, and more
Apr. 2007 – Apr. 2010: Logicorps, Clinton Township, MI
- Application Developer
- Project lead for companies flagship CRM Product.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of AJAX driven business solutions.
- Designed, Installed, and Maintained all Linux deployments for all corporate clients.
- Maintained corporate asterisk VOIP network including Helpdesk Queues and integration into custom applications.
Jul 99- Apr. 2007: Marysville Public Schools, Marysville MI
- Network Systems Manager
- Responsible for design and operation of the network, desktops, servers, and subsystems
- Developed in house applications for Technology and Maintenance Departments
- Technology Trouble Ticketing System
- Maintenance Preventative Maintenance tracking system
- LDAP integration for single sign on
- Design and Maintenance of NDS, Groupwise, Border patrol, and Zenworks for 2700 Users
- Configuration and maintenance of Mitel telephone system.
Aug 98 – Jul 99: Midwest Business Systems, Southfield, MI
- Project Leader, Technician, Network Specialist
- As Project Leader, responsible for the installation, operation, and troubleshooting for mid sized local area networks, and some wide area networks.
- Overseen the installation of Chippewa Valley School District labs and workstations. (600+ workstations)
- Configured wide area network for Flat Rock Community Schools, providing the classroom with Internet access using MS Proxy Server, Email and scheduling using MS Exchange, and secure storage across 8 NT servers.
Jul 97-Aug 98: DTS Design, Atlanta, MI
- Computer Consultant, Web Page Design, Hardware & Software Sales, Owner
- Dealt with computer sales, consulting. (hardware and software)
- Designed and managed customer web pages.
- Clair Community College, Port Huron, MI (Feb 2000 – Apr 2001)
- Associates Degree in Business Management
- Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI (1995-1997)
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Zend Certified Engineer (May 2007)
- Certified Novell Administrator (February 2000)
- Netware 5 Administration
- Networking Technologies
- Netware 5 Advanced Administration
- Service and Support
- Microsoft Certified Professional (June 1998)
- Microsoft NT server 4.0